(Bill Borga handles zoning and code enforcement within City limits, while Norway's City Manager Ray Anderson and Township Supervisor Leonard Bal address property development and land use activities occuring in the Township.)
Contact this office if you...
• need to find where property within City limits is located.
• need to find out who owns a property and
how to contact them by mail.
• need to obtain the value or tax liability
of a piece of property.
• need to know whether a property
has a special assessment on it.
• are a first time home buyer and you
need to fill out a homestead form.
• have purchased property and need
to fill out a property transfer affidavit.
• have sold or bought on Land Contract and
need to give a copy to the Assessor's office.
The city assessor assists people with information
pertaining to property records.
• Legal descriptions
• State Equalized Value
• Taxable Value
• Square footage of a home
• Year built
• Lot size
• Other informational questions
• Location and maps of property, copies of assessment cards as needed
• Tax information for tax bills and millage rates
• Update property info with every deed recorded
• Change of mailing address per owner's request
• Holds Board of Review ONLY for clerical errors or mutual mistakes
• Defends appeals at the state level (Michigan Tax Tribunal)
• Issues a Change of Assessment Notice every year that the value changes
• Processing of personal property statements and maintenance of those values
• Maintenance of the IFT (Industrial Facility Tax Abatement) roll
Affidavit for Exemption of Property Taxes for Disabled Veterans
City of Norway's Poverty Exemption Resolution
Hardship Exemption Application
Check out the latest in GIS mapping; view a City property sales / land value map (a MangoMap) created by our assessor.
Or, jump to the Geographic Information System (GIS).